What We Offer
Whiteknights English Hub provides support to local schools, academies and free schools to improve teaching of phonics, early language and reading in Reception and Year 1.
Following attendance at an English Hub Showcase event, you will be provided with support to put in place a detailed action plan to enable you to access support from our experienced English Hub specialists. This support (free of charge) includes:
- For those schools meeting the eligibility criteria, potential funding of up to £6,000 is available to invest in resources and training;
- Up to six days of school to school support over an academic year by one of our specialist English teachers;
- A full audit of a school's early language and phonics provision carried out by one of our experienced specialist English teachers, with support for further action planning.
We will prioritise applications from schools:
- with a phonics screening check result below the published national average;
- who have a higher than average proportion of pupils reading below age-related expectations;
- with high levels of disadvantage;
- referred by national leaders of education.
The programme is open to all state-funded schools and academies in our designated area.