Getting Support from the Hub
Our English Hub is targeting support to schools who meet two or more of the following:
- lower than average percentage of pupils meeting the expected standard in the PSC;
- low attainment in the bottom 20% of children in reading across the school;
- a higher than average proportion of children eligible for pupil premium (above 22.9%);
- Ofsted judgement of Requires Improvement or Inadequate;
- a high proportion of groups considered hard to reach such as boys; and,
- schools referred by local partners (e.g. NLEs, LAs, Opportunity Area teams).
Does your school meet the criteria above and you would like to improve the teaching of phonics, early reading and early language at your school?
- If so, request a place at one of our showcase events – click here for information and to request a place.
- Attend the showcase and submit a self-assessment of your schools reading and phonics provision.
- The Hub will then prioritise schools most at need and will arrange an audit. The audit consists of a Literacy Specialist visiting your school for a morning to go observe and discuss your reading and phonics provision.
- After audits, the Hub will then identify schools who will receive intensive support – including up to £6000 of funding and support in school by a trained Literacy Specialist.